What Is Pain?
Pain is defined as: ”…An unpleasant sensory and emotional experience associated with actual or potential tissue damage, or described in terms of such damage. Pain is always subjective.” (International Association for the Study of Pain).
They also say: “…Pain is unquestionably a sensation in a part or parts of a body but it is also always unpleasant and therefore an emotional experience.”
So What Is The Purpose Of Pain?
Pain serves as a warning signal that a part of the body is injured, or being injured. Pain helps during the healing process in reminding us to take care of the injury and the injured area.
The experience of pain is subjective and is divided into two components:
- Sensory – Provides information on location and it’s sensory quality (stabbing, aching, burning)
- Affective – Your subjective experience ie how it affects you
There are also two main types of pain and both can be episodic:
- Acute Pain – Severe but lasts for a relatively short period of time
- Chronic Pain – Ranges from mild to severe and is present for a long time
So How Can Hypnotherapy Help?
I will work with you to first understand what exactly what your pain issue is and agree with you what positive outcome(s) you want from working with me using hypnotherapy.
I can then explain the relevant techniques that will suit you best and we can agree on the way forward ie to agree:
- The number of sessions you may need or we can just proceed one session at a time – it is entirely up to you
- Whether or not some self-hypnosis between sessions and/or after the sessions have ended would be beneficial for you
- Whether or not some additional work between sessions that you can do yourself would help your progress in dealing with your issue(s)
Rest assured that by collaborating and working together, we can achieve the positive changes you are looking for.
Pain serves as a warning signal that a part of the body is injured, or being injured and helps during the healing process in reminding us to take care of the injury and the injured area. However, pain can be very debilitating and prevents people from living a fulfilling Life. Hypnotherapy can help you manage your pain such that it is no longer such a hindrance in your Life.
Please contact me for a Free initial discussion so you can understand in more detail how Hypnotherapy can help you manage your pain. I am based in Winchester; however, Hypnotherapy works just as effectively on-line as well as in person.
E: [email protected] P: 07955 708647 W: https://gavinbhypno.com